Friday, December 28, 2007

Random Musings

I was going write more heavy stuff, like how selling off the two streets by the old fish camps was a stupid idea, but decided to take the lighter side of the road...

And usually this time of year I write about the "state of the environment" on SPI and you know, it's not very fun either unless you find a new kind of bird or fish or something.

So on the lighter side:

Sandy Feet had a fine Christmas Day "Feliz Navi-Doo-Dah" party again for the umpteenth time, threatening this would be the last but we'll fix that in eleven months for sure.

Thanks to the Beerman for his extra-kick dark ale. We were pounding a few shots of it and I appreciate the advice not to drive - got about four people lit on one beer.

Happy Birthday Anne (with and E) Weiss, who looked wonderful in a cowboy hat with a queen's crown on the brim!

Never would know it, but in deep water there are spiny lobsters out there in the rocks and oil rigs. Who would have thunk it? Wish I was a diver but my ears would implode.

There are several New Year's events this year, including maybe some fireworks bay side and a big bonfire up the beach. I fear however, that on Monday the First of January, a huge norther gale might come through.

More people seem on the Island this week, I suppose signaling the end of the November and December dead-as-a-doornail season. Some of those folks drove through some of the worst snow and ice in years, they say. Good to see 'em.

Now all I need is a Mike-A-Rita and to fire up the BBQ. See you in a few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam - FYI - let's hope the norther does come on Monday - cause Tuesday is New Year's Day!

Sam said...

Oh yes, I must mention the SPI Polar Dip at Surf Hotel / Boomerang Billy's.

I'm not going to say it in a blog, but that water is now 62 and the high for Tuesday is about 62 with 30 MPH winds from the north. Yikes! Tell me the weather gurus got it all wrong! -sam

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the Stout Old-Buddy!
Hope to see you in 08!

Ken