Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Retrospect


I found some pictures of Don Wierenga, Sandy Feet's dad, some on his blog. The man passed away on Monday night all the sudden, a real shock. It seems like just the other day I visited and he seemed more fit than me at 78, working away at his beloved construction of his retirement cottage or thinking about some shrimp at the Wanna Wanna. Anyay, these pictures were from his recent work in Africa, where he helped people build things and make things work.



An educator for years, he found a passion to going into the darkest places to help people, such as when he helped build new homes for Katrina victims. When I grow up I want to be just like Don.

4 comments:

Lucinda said...

Me too.
Thanks Sam.

island princess said...

What an amazing man. I am continually amazed by the people I have met on South Padre Island. You, Sam, Sandy, Jerry, others are really fantastic ppl. I spent so little time with Dad Feets, I wish I had spent more. Time does go fast.

Anonymous said...

Our condolences in your time of loss,

Ken and Brenda T.

Anonymous said...

I have no words, just condolences.

Will Davis