Thursday, February 10, 2005

Glad that Bad Moon Is History

I consulted the Farmer's Almanac you you know, things are going to get better now. Some terrible stuff happened on the 8th and 9th of February but between now and the 23rd, the next full moon, things will start improving real fast. Happens every year with all this Lenten thing, which is a very old, pagan celebration. The ash-marking thing at church is based on pre-Old Testament and Hindu lore. Some folks wore a hair shirt (hair?) and didn't eat meat for the 40 days of Lent, but if you expect me to wear an itchy shirt and stop stuff like drinking and smoking you're out of your damned skull. I've been fighting the flu and bronchitis and I think that'll go away too. Ever heard of Maitake mushroom vitamins? Must be doing something right...

The house is still a "go," after being challenged on some minor BS, only a minor heart attack. I hope nobody else got hurt with all the mental bad weather we've been having. Some kids stole my daughter's baby puppy and she found it today ... and you've never seen such a big smile on someone's face. My baby! Her baby! My baby and her baby! Lots of "oh baby" have been omitted. That dog was so happy he was doing the Eagle Rock, like walking on his back legs and trying to kiss everyone but falling down. Quite a sight. I really do think this puppy dog could do a good impersonation of Bill Clinton.

I'm no freak of the occult or anything, but things will improve until the 23rd of February and, well, hold on because the stars say that Spring Break starts then. Practical booger, aren't I? Enjoy the full moon then. Wish I was there on the beach right now. Cheers, y'all.

No comments: